The Nitecore SC2 Charger has a total output of 5A and can charge a battery at up to 3A current in a single slot, meaning it only needs 1.5 hours to completely charge a 3000mAh Lithium battery.
- The charger can intelligently select the most appropriate charging current based on the automatic battery capacity detection, however the current can also be selected manually from 3, 2, 1 and 0.5A. The SC2 features reverse polarity protection, short circuit prevention and can detect non-rechargeable batteries.
- With extremely low internal resistance, IMR batteries may be overcharged and lead to safety issues when charged in regular Li-ion battery chargers. To address this problem, the SC2 incorporates an optimised IMR charging system that is able to monitor the entire charging process, ensuring the voltage is always within safe limits, which ultimately helps extend battery life.
- Another unique feature of the SC2 is the ability to restore IMR cells. Upon insertion of an OV IMR battery, all eight LEDs on the SC2 will blink to indicate it is not ready for charging. By pressing and holding the button over the slot in question the charger will enter recover mode. Should the battery fail to recover after several attempts we recommend the battery is disposed of.
- Other features include reverse polarity protection and short circuit prevention, USB output and overtime charging protection.
- The SC2 is compatible with the following Li-ion/IMR/LiFePO4 batteries: 10340, 10350, 10440, 10500, 12340, 12500, 12650, 13450, 13500, 13650, 14350, 14430, 14500, 14650, 16500, 16340 (RCR123), 16650, 17350, 17500, 17650, 17670, 18350, 18490, 18500, 18650, 18700, 20700, 21700, 22500, 22650, 25500, 26500, 26650. Plus NiMh/NiCd: AA, AAA, AAAA, C, D.